- Covidien Biosyn Polyester Sutures are monofilament absorbable sutures of mid-term absorption profile with an absorption time of between 90 to 110 days.
- These Sutures are composed of synthetic polyester Glycomer 631 having a composition of Glycolide (60%), Diaxanone (14%) and Trimethylene Carbonate (26%). They are uncoated and come in both undyed and violet colour.The monofilament construction helps in a smoother passage of the suture through the tissue.
- Excellent Knot security and initial strength.
- In-vivo strength during crucial wound healing period.
- Minimal memory of suture for ease of handling. Biosyn sutures have a tensile strength of 75% at 2 weeks and 40% at 3 weeks. The In- vivo tensile strength retention is 3 weeks. These sutures induce minimal tissue site inflammatory reactions. The encapsulation of the suture by connective tissue is followed by progressive loss of tensile strength and hydrolysis of the suture. Hydrolysis breaks the Glycomer 631 into Glycolic Acid, Diaxonic Acid, Propane Diol, and Carbon Dioxide which are eventually absorbed and metabolized in the body.
4.Indications for use
- These sutures are indicated to be used in ophthalmic surgeries and soft tissue surgeries but are not indicated for use in cardiovascular and neurological surgeries. Biosyn sutures shouldn’t be used in surgeries where tissue approximation is required for a long period of time. These sutures are manufactured in the USP 6-0 to 1 and the sterilization is by Ethylene Oxide.
- Covidien Needles recommended for use with Covidien Biosyn Polyester Sutures are Surgalloy, DermaX and Protect Point.
Smart Medical Buyer has the largest catalogue of sutures and surgical supplies
Smart Medical Buyer has superior sourcing for sutures in all fields of surgery including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular surgery, Ophthalmology, Urology, Plastic Surgery and Orthopedics. Smart Medical Buyer has a range of Absorbable and Non-Absorbable sutures, Synthetic and Natural sutures, Coated and Uncoated sutures and Monofilament and Multifilament sutures available on one platform for you to compare and choose from. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience. SMB’s range of surgical sutures includes those from Covidien, Ethicon, Fine Surgicals and Sutures India. SMB offers the most attractive prices online for sutures in India. Sutures are regulated products and are available for sale on SMB to medical professionals and healthcare provider establishments only on the completion of our KYC process.