Covidien Monosof nylon sutures are monofilament non- absorbable sutures.
These Sutures are composed of long chain aliphatic synthetic polymer Nylon 6 and Nylon 6,6. They are either manufactured as black coloured or are undyed.
- Nylon’s pliability and ease of handling
- Uniform and consistent diameter of suture
- Reliable strength and tying properties
- Flexible suture strand
- Minimal breakage due to enhancement of tensile strength
- The in-vivo tensile strength retention of these sutures is gradually lost over time.
4.Indications for use
- The use of Covidien Monosof Nylon is indicated for soft tissue surgeries, ophthalmic surgery, cardiovascular and neural tissue suturing. The reliable strength and tying properties of Covidien Monosof Nylon suturesprovides secure incision and wound closure. The monofilament construction of these sutures provides lower co-efficient of friction and reduces the risk of infection.
- Covidien needles recommended for use with Covidien Monosof Nylon sutures are Surgalloy and DermaX. These sutures are manufactured in 11-0 USP to 2 USP.
Smart Medical Buyer has the largest catalogue of sutures and surgical supplies online in India
Smart Medical Buyer has superior sourcing for sutures in all fields of surgery including Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular surgery, Ophthalmology, Urology, Plastic Surgery and Orthopedics. Smart Medical Buyer has a range of Absorbable and Non-Absorbable sutures, Synthetic and Natural sutures, Coated and Uncoated sutures and Monofilament and Multifilament sutures available on one platform for you to compare and choose from. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience. SMB’s range of surgical sutures includes those from Covidien, Ethicon, Fine Starlon and Sutures India. SMB offers the most attractive prices online for sutures in India. Sutures are regulated products and are available for sale on SMB to medical professionals and healthcare provider establishments only on the completion of our KYC process.