- Covidien Surgilon Nylon sutures are braided /multifilament non-absorbable sutures.
- These sutures are composed of long chain aliphatic polymers and Nylon 6,6. The fixed cross-sectional construction of Nylon 6,6 combined with the coating of silicon.
- Reliable Knot security and consistent strength
- Ease of Handling
- Flexibility of suture strand
- Snug and Flattened knots
- A firm braid and fixed diameter
4.Indications for use
- The use of these sutures is indicated for soft tissue surgeries, ophthalmic surgery, cardiovascular surgeries and neural tissue suturing. The use of these sutures is not indicated for tissues where long term approximation is required as these sutures lose their in-vivo tensile strength retention overtime due to progressive hydrolysis. The braided construction of sutures elicits fewer traumas to tissues and minimal scarring. The knot security of Covidien Surgilon Nylon sutures provides secure wound closure. The sterilization of these sutures is done with ethylene oxide and gamma irradiation.
- Covidien needles recommended for use with Covidien Surgilon Nylon sutures are Surgalloy and DermaX. These sutures are manufactured in 6-0 USP to 2 USP.
Smart Medical Buyer has the largest catalogue of sutures and surgical supplies online in India
Smart Medical Buyer has superior sourcing for sutures in all fields of surgery including obstetrics and gynecology, cardiovascular surgery, ophthalmology, urology, plastic surgery and orthopedics. Smart Medical Buyer has a range of Absorbable and Non-Absorbable sutures, Synthetic and Natural sutures, Coated and Uncoated sutures and Monofilament and Multifilament sutures available on one platform for you to compare and choose from. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience. SMB’s range of surgical sutures includes those from Covidien, Ethicon, Fine Surgicalsand Sutures India. SMB offers the most attractive prices online for sutures in India. Sutures are regulated products and are available for sale on SMB to medical professionals and healthcare provider establishments only on the completion of our KYC process.