An Intercostal Drainage Catheter is a flexible plastic tube that is inserted through the chest wall and into the pleural space or mediastinum. It is used to remove air in the case of pneumothorax or fluid such as in the case of pleural effusion, blood, chyle, or pus when empyema occurs from the intrathoracic space.
Features of an Intercoastal chest drainage catheter are -
1. The Intercostal Drainage Catheter is an extra soft catheter and is gentle to the body tissues and most suitable for thoracic drainage
2. The distal end is open with super smooth larger eyes to maximize the drainage from the chest
3. Its proximal end is fitted with specially designed tapered tongue to provide excellent forceps grip and non-traumatic insertion
4. The catheter is marked at every 2 cm from the last eye to ascertain the depth of placement
5. It is sterile, double packed in peelable pouch pack
6. These are available in the sizes of 16FG, 20FG, 24FG, 28FG, 32FG, 36FG
Smart Medical Buyer has the largest catalogue of catheter kits and other surgical supplies at best prices online in India
Smart Medical Buyer has a range of Intercoastal Drainage catheter kits, right angled and straight catheters, Thoracic trocar catheters available on one platform for you to compare and choose from. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience. SMB’s range of haemodialysis catheter kits includes those from Romsons, Arrow, Harsoria, Newtech etc. SMB offers the most attractive prices online for catheters in India.