Retinoscopes are optometry devices which are used to shine light into a patient’s eye and observe the reflection off from the retina to measure the refractive error in the eye. The working principle of retinoscopy is Focault’s principle. Retinoscopes are used in optometry to detect any regular or irregular astigmatism, accommodative abilities, estimate the refractive error in an objective manner and in the detection of opacities and latent hyperopia. Retinoscopy also allows for the assessment of refractive status in infants, uncooperative patients and non-communicative patients. They are an important diagnostic tool which is used to evaluate ophthalmic conditions.
Parts of a Retinoscope-
The retinoscope consists of a head, neck and tail. There are two systems in a retinoscope – a projection system and an observation system. The projection system consists of a light source, a condensing light, a focusing sleeve and a current source. The observation system consists of a peephole.
Types of Retinoscopes-
The common types of retinoscope are:
1. Reflecting Mirror Retinoscopes
2. Self Illuminated Retinoscopes
Types of Retinoscopy-
The common types of retinoscopy are:
1. Static Retinoscopy – In this type of retinoscopy, the patient is made to look at a distant object while the accommodation is relaxed
2. Dynamic Retinoscopy – In dynamic retinoscopy the patient is looking at a near object while the accommodation is active
3. Near Retinoscopy – In this type of retinoscopy, the patient is made to look at a near object while the accommodation is relaxed
Buy retinoscopes from Smart Medical Buyer at the best prices online in India
A retinoscope is an essential medical device used in ophthalmic clinics, hospitals and optometry health care set ups. Smart Medical Buyer offers retinoscopes at the best prices online in India due to superior sourcing. The easy search and ordering process and quick turnaround ensure a smooth and seamless experience.
Reg. Address: 97 Engineers Enclave,Pitampura, Delhi-34, India
Head Office: E - 46/ 10, Okhla Phase 2,Delhi-20, India
Copyright @ 2018. Allumer Medical Pvt. Ltd.
(CIN No.: U33110DL2014PTC268297)All Rights Reserved.
For any queries, contact
Stefy James (firstname.lastname@example.org)