Scalp vein sets/ SV sets are also known as winged infusion sets. They are also known as butterfly sets due to their shape. They are meant to be used for venipuncture. Venipuncture is a process in which intravenous access is obtained for the administration of intravenous therapy or for the collection of venous blood. Venipuncture is also known as phlebotomy. A scalp vein set consists of the following components:
- A hypodermic needles to make the incision
- 2 bilateral and flexible wings which provide precise placement to the needle
- A short tube which is transparent
- A connector which can attach to another device which generates suction
What are the key features of Scalp Vein or Winged Infusion Sets?
- Sharp Needle: Precision engineered superior sharp needle points ensure minimal pain and discomfort to the patient during infusion therapies.
- Flexible connector: The other end of the SV set is usually a female luer fitting which is widely accepted by most medical manufacturers and can be easily attached to syringes, vaccutainers and extension tubes.
- Packaging: SV sets are packaged in sterile, individual blister packs. This ensures complete safety for patients from infections. SV sets are meant for single use.
- Color coding: The infusion sets are color coded according to their gauge size. Thus, they can be easily identified by technicians without any error.
- Size: Scalp vein sets are available in a range of gauge sizes starting from 18G to 26G.
Scalp Vein Sets Available at the Lowest Prices Online on Smart Medical Buyer
Smart Medical Buyer catalogues scalp vein/ winged infusion sets from leading manufacturers including Romsons, Hindustan Syringes (HMD) and Alpha Therapeutics. This is a fast moving product for us and is available in 18G, 19G, 20G, 21G, 22G, 23G, 24G, 25G and 26G. The product has a next dispatch available. This is a regulated product and is offered for sale accordingly. As a hospital, nursing home or doctor you can buy scalp vein sets at the lowest prices online in India on Smart Medical Buyer.