Trending | More Medical Equipment are Making Their Way Home!
The rising invasion of medical equipment in our homes over the last few years has not gone unnoticed. Thanks to the advent of patient-friendly technology, portable and fool-proof medical devices for diagnosis, analysis, drug administration, and other purposes have been made possible. The urban home-dweller these days is not technologically-challenged, and can easily operate portable medical devices with ease.
Then, there is also the rising cost and demand for medical treatment and care at hospitals which have pushed people to opt for medical care at home. Moreover, accessibility to world-class medical equipment for home has increased drastically thanks to the rise of online medical marketplaces that maintain a catalogue of professionally-recommended instruments and supplies. One can now purchase any prescribed equipment on the internet with ease.
Therefore, where earlier only first aid kits and perhaps the ever-so-reliable thermometer was the only medical equipment in residences, today it is not uncommon to spot a blood pressure checker, a nebulizer or even glucometer kits for blood tests at homes! Such medical equipment at home has enabled people to manage their health or aid patients back home. Independent personal healthcare management is, therefore, on the rise not only because it is convenient, time-saving, and hassle-free.
Common medical equipment that can be found at homes today
- BP monitors: As the name suggests, these strap-on devices measure and display blood pressure and pulse rate within a minute.
- Glucometer kits: Diabetes patients can easily measure blood glucose levels at home using these portable kits.
- Nebulizers: These devices convert medicines into the mist which is inhaled for better drug administration.
- Stethoscopes: Many high-precise stethoscopes are available which can be used to listen to faintest of sounds with high clarity.
- Thermometers: Apart from the regular ones, electronic thermometers have also become quite popular.
- Insulin Syringes: Insulin shots for patients with Type I diabetes can be easily administered via these syringes.
- Pulse oximeter: This instrument is used to measure the blood oxygen level and heart rate in patients with asthma, Congestive Heart Failure, COPD, etc.
- Spirometer: This device measures lung capacity and is used to diagnose asthma and other breathing problems.
- Pregnancy test kits: These easy-to-use kits determine whether a woman is pregnant or not by sampling urine or blood.
- Breast pumps: These devices allow lactating mothers to extract their milk for the infants.
With our platform, it has become incredibly easy and hassle-free for both the laymen and medical professionals to research, discover, and purchase genuine and recommended medical equipment for home from our online medical store.
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- Get To Know The Different Types Of Catheters For Urinary incontinence - 27th January 2020
- Know The Signs of Hearing Loss in Children - 21st January 2020
- Understanding The Various Techniques Used For Suturing - 9th January 2020