You Are Not Alone – HIV and AIDS
Since the first cases in 1984, more than 35 million people worldwide have lost their lives to the deadly disease. But the advancement in medical science and technology has made it possible to look beyond the fatality rates. The need of the hour, apart from prevention, is to increase awareness about the treatments so that AIDS victims can acquire their benefits and lead a healthy life.
What is AIDS?
AIDS is caused by a virus called HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus), which enters a healthy body by the means of sexual contact. The exchange of infected body fluids namely – semen, vaginal fluids, blood, and breast milk – is the main contributing factor in the spread of AIDS. HIV, thus entered, attacks the CD-4 cells in the body making it prone to AIDS. If the treatment begins in the early stages, it is quite possible to hinder the progress of HIV so that it does not cause AIDS in future.
The diagnosis for HIV-AIDS generally starts by performing blood tests. These blood tests are specific to HIV. They are carried out by trained professionals with HIV test kits. It is possible to buy home testing kits, available at Smart Medical Buyer. As soon as the test comes back positive, treatment for HIV starts.
getting diagnosed with HIV does not mean it is the end of the world. There are a lot of HIV patients who lead a normal life. You just need to stay focused on your health and fight it without losing hope. Here are a few ways that will help you achieve the much-needed positivity in your life even after you are diagnosed with HIV-AIDS:
- Take care of your mental health – When you are already diagnosed with HIV, certain episodes with stress seem inescapable. But the key here is to take care of your mental health as much as you do for your physical health. If the problem of depression and anxiety persists, do not hesitate to seek help from mental-health professionals.
- Join a support group – It is always good to be in touch with people who are going through the same. A recent research has shown that there is considerable improvement in CD4 cell counts if you are being in the right kind of facility and practice positivity.
The idea is not to lose hope. You can buy HIV test kits at the best online medical stores like Smart Medical Buyer. Together, HIV-AIDS can be defeated. Take a resolve to seek help and help others in need on this World AIDS Day.
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- Dos and Don’ts – Minor Burns - 15th March 2019
- All you need to know about Caring for Dissolvable Stitches - 2nd March 2019
- Your Options to Treat Your Scars - 25th February 2019