The Relationship between Suction Catheters & Respiratory Diseases
Breathing can be hindered by several factors such as viral infections, collapse of the tracheal wall, abscesses in the throat or tonsils, chronic bronchitis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease etc. But sometimes the reason for this airway obstruction can be as simple as the buildup of debris in the chest cavity. It’s not very difficult to understand the root cause of the blockage; hence, preventive measures must be applied as early as possible.
If one is suffering from severe respiratory conditions, they must be experiencing symptoms like agitation, difficulty during breathing, breathing noises etc. which may or may not be caused due to the blockage in the chest cavity. If you are suffering from any or all these symptoms, you should consult a medical care professional to confirm the type of ailment.
Suction Catheter: Anatomy and Procedure
If you are suffering from blockage, your doctor must have mentioned suction catheter to you. It is one of the most integral parts of the suction devices which can aid you in emptying the debris including the mucus from the chest. If you investigate the anatomy of a suction catheter, you will find a hollow tube which aims at draining the debris from the upper airway and helps facilitate breathing. It can also be used to drain the waste from the trachea and the main bronchi. Suctioning is performed by connecting one end of the suction tube to an aspirator and the other end to a trach tube.
Types of Suction Catheters
Two of the main types of suction catheters are as follows:
- Closed System Suction Catheters – closed system suction catheters are specifically designed to decrease the possibility of an infection. They come with increased ventilation and safeguard the catheter from any kind of adulteration.
- Latex Suction Catheters – made from 100% latex rubber, the latex suction catheters ensure utmost flexibility. Also, they can be viewed under the scanners owing to their radiopaque nature.
One can also buy suction catheters online taking in consideration the individual requirement of the patient.
Advantages of Suction Catheters
- By eliminating the debris and other waste, it helps in clearing up the upper airway, hence, reducing the further possibilities of blockage
- Owing to its flexible and easy-to-use design, patient experiences minimum or no pain during the entire suctioning process
- They can be easily customized as per the personal requirement of the patient
Our online store caters to all your needs pertaining to medical devices and equipment, presents you a variety of high-quality suction catheters along with Romsons nebulisers to choose from.
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- WORLD HEMOPHILIA DAY - 17th April 2019
- 4 Conditions in which the Nebulizer is a Saviour - 4th April 2019
- The Relationship between Suction Catheters & Respiratory Diseases - 28th March 2019