4 Conditions in which the Nebulizer is a Saviour
People experience various breathing complications that make their lives difficult. For faster and more effective results, it is important to treat most of these complications by administering the medication straight to the lungs. A nebulizer is a device that transforms water-based solutions into minute water droplets that can easily be inhaled. It is available in various portable sizes and can be used by both children and adults. Available in electronic and battery-operated versions, a nebulizer comprises of a base that holds an air compressor, a small liquid container and tube connecting the liquid container to the air compressor. Mounted on top of the medicine container is a mouthpiece or mask used to inhale the mist.
Mentioned below are the various conditions in which a nebuliser is nothing short of a life saver:
1. Asthma – Asthma is a disease that prevents people from breathing freely as the airway gets swollen and restricts the air flow. Inhaling drugs help quickly and offer effective results. Doctors recommend buying nebulizers online or offline for children as using them is much easier contrary to other conventional inhalers. While Salbutamol and Terbutaline are used for occasional asthma attacks, Corticosteroids are used by people suffering for very long.
2. Cystic Fibrosis – Cystic Fibrosis is a condition where a very thick and viscous layer of mucus forms in the airway and prevents adequate air from entering. This diminishes the ability of the air passage to clear itself that leads to various infections as well. Nebulized dornase alfa or nebulization with hypertonic salt water is recommended by doctors to break down the mucus in this regard.
3. Lung Infections – Since medication is inhaled from the nebulizer, a large amount of antibiotics is easily delivered to the infected lungs. It helps to treat the lungs quickly and more effectively. In case of cystic fibrosis, doctors prescribe nebulized antibiotic Tobramycin for treatment. Further, for treating infections such as protozoa in people with a compromised immune system, Nebulized Pentamidine, a strong anti-infective drug is used.
4. Eases difficulty in breathing- Many people have trouble while breathing. This can be due to various reasons like cancer or any heart or kidney disease. Nebulized furosemide is used in such conditions to relieve patients from induced difficulties in breathing. Furosemide is a drug that helps lowering the fluid accumulation in the body by increasing the amount of urine the body produces.
The Nebuliser is used to treat acute lung injuries and relieve symptoms of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease as well. You can buy nebulizers by reputed companies at our stores along with other essential such as masks, sterile gauze swab, syringes, etc. `
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- WORLD HEMOPHILIA DAY - 17th April 2019
- 4 Conditions in which the Nebulizer is a Saviour - 4th April 2019
- The Relationship between Suction Catheters & Respiratory Diseases - 28th March 2019