Protect Yourself From Poor Air Quality: Ways To Deal With Pollution
While most of the country gets busy in celebrations and welcoming the festive season, the air quality worsens by the day. Cities like Delhi, Noida and Gurugram turn into gas chambers and a serious threat to human lives. The situation has turned so bad that an emergency has been declared with a public warning by the government. This disrupts the routine life and leads to a lot of misery for everyone.
The relationship between bad air quality and poor health is frightening. The pollutants enter our bloodstream and cause cardiovascular diseases, difficulties for asthma patients, lung diseases & much more. Due to the government’s initiatives and a general rise in awareness people have started taking note of the situation and conforming their actions to help reduce the pollution levels. While not much can be done about the incoming smoke from the burning of crops in neighbouring states, all citizens can adopt certain simple steps to protect themselves.
Read on to know how and what you can do to mitigate the effects of air pollution.
- Wear a mask: It is one of the best ways to reduce the intake of pollutants while stepping outside. The simplest of anti-pollution face masks can block the large particles including dust, although industrial masks are considered best for a better blockage. If you aren’t able to get hold of a mask, ensure that your nose and mouth are covered when you move out of the house.
- Exercise smartly: Physical exercise is an important aspect of healthy living but in such conditions, it is better to avoid walks and jogs. You may choose areas or parks with extremely low pollution or away from heavy traffic. Gym is something that proves best on days when the air quality is extremely bad.
- Go Green: Plants such as Ivy, Dracaenas, Aloe Vera and Spider Plant are known for their ability to purify indoor air and reduce air pollution. Keep them in your homes and offices to ensure a greener environment.
- Jaggery as detox: This is one of the most effective food item when it comes to cleansing the body from pollution. It flushes out pollutants from your lungs and should be consumed daily. You can use it as a replacement of sugar in your daily preparations.
These are a few ways you can reduce the effects of the hazardous air quality in your city. Avoid spending time outside a lot unless it is absolutely necessary and in case you do always carry a mask. You can buy anti-pollution masks online on Smart Medical Buyer. They have a number of masks for you to select from. Stay wise and choose what is best for your health.
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- Protect Yourself From Poor Air Quality: Ways To Deal With Pollution - 4th November 2019
- Delhi Becoming A Gas Chamber: Reasons And How You Can Help Curb It - 2nd November 2019
- 4 Must-Have Veterinary Instruments - 22nd October 2019