CPAP Machine & Mask
Airways Surgicals Airopap CPAP Nasal Mask
- Adjustable headgear
44 % OFF
Intersurgical CPAP Nasal Mask
- Size: Adult
- Clear & strong mask
50 % OFF
Niscomed CPAP Machine
- Weight: <1.6 Kg
- Dimensions: 220X194X112 mm
6 % OFF
Use CPAP Machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a fairly common chronic disorder which affects breathing patterns during sleep. There may be pauses in breathing or shallow breathing which cause deterioration in the quality of sleep. This directly causes lethargy and sleepiness during day time and is also contributes to medical complications and events such as high blood pressure, stroke, heart failure, diabetes and arrhythmias. Sleep apnea is more common in those who are overweight. It is possible that a person suffering from sleep apnea is oblivious of the condition and generally it is noticed by a family member or bed partner. Given the chronic nature of the ailment, there is long term management required which includes making lifestyle changes, surgical interventions and use of breathing devices & mouthpieces.
CPAP Machine and CPAP Masks for Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Therapy available online on Smart Medical Buyer for the management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
OSA is the most prevalent type of sleep apnea. Those suffering from OSA have complete or partial obstruction of the upper airway. Causes of OSA include old age and brain injuries. CPAP therapy assists people afflicted OSA through the use of CPAP machine. This machine has to be used every night and it might take some time to get used to it. The CPAP machine enhances air pressure in the throat thus prevents the airway from collapsing during breathing in. CPAP therapy is the most widely used and effective non surgical and non interventional choice of treatment for OSA. CPAP therapy has very positive outcomes with regard to daytime sleepiness, heart failure etc. A CPAP system has three components – a machine (to pressurize air), a hose or duct (delivery of pressurized air) and a mask/ prong (to blow air into the airway). Airway can be connected in three combinations: a mask to cover the nose and mouth, a mask that covers only the nose (most commonly used) or prongs that are inserted into the nose. Risks associated with using a CPAP machine include excessive dreaming, dryness in the nose & throat, nasal congestion and gloating in the abdomen. CPAP is also used in healthcare facilities for the treatment of premature babies/ infants whose lungs had not fully developed at the time of birth. CPAP Machines from Niscomed are available at attractive prices on Smart Medical Buyer.
Common issues to keep in mind when choosing a CPAP Machine and CPAP Mask
- - Choose the right mask: There are various types of CPAP Masks available compatible with CPAP Machines. Some are Full Face Masks covering the nose and mouth which are ideal for those who breathe through the mouth. But these make it difficult to sleep on the stomach. Others have nasal pillows, which is a minimal design. These have two soft nasal tubes connected to the airway and offer a better field of vision. They are not to be used by those who breathe through the mouth. It is important to choose the best fit according to your sleeping style.
- - Get used to wearing the mask: Try the mask on for extended periods while you are awake to get used to the feeling of wearing one. Start using it with a CPAP device when you go to sleep as soon as you get accustomed to the feeling of having a mask on.
- - Dry nose: A mask which does not fit well and leaks air might dry out the nose. You could try using a humidifier with the CPAP machine or a nasal spray to tackle this problem.
- - Noise made by the machine: Each machine will have a decibel level specified. Choose one that you are comfortable with.
- - Portability: A small lightweight machine is preferable for those who travel frequently.
- - Data recording : is now a common feature of most CPAP machines to enable the analysis of various sleep/ apnea related events.
Buy the CPAP Machines and CPAP Masks at attractive prices on Smart Medical Buyer
We offer a CPAP machine from Niscomed which has a number of latest features and comes at an attractive price. We also offer CPAP masks from Airwars Surgicals and Intersurgical which are compatible with all CPAP machines. Our direct tie up with the manufacturers ensures that you are offered the most attractive prices for these products coupled with quick despatch and delivery.
Reg. Address: 97 Engineers Enclave,
Pitampura, Delhi-34, India
Copyright @ 2017. Allumer Medical Pvt. Ltd.
(CIN No.: U33110DL2014PTC268297)All Rights Reserved.
For any queries, contact
Asik Das (email@example.com)
Your email has been sent.In case you do not see it in your Inbox, please check your Spam folder.
We will then send you an email to create a new password.