Surgical Scrub/ Hand Wash
3M Avagard Surgical Scrub CHG 4%
- Surfactants & moisturisers
- Broad spectrum
48 % OFF
3M Avagard Surgical Scrub PVP 7.5% w/v
- Unique moisturizers
- Prevent skin damage
41 % OFF
Schuelke Microshield 4 Chlorhexidine Surgical Handwash
- Volumes: 100/500 ml
- CHG 4% w/v
8 % OFF
Schuelke Microshield PVP Povidone Iodine Surgical Handwash
- Volumes: 100/500 ml
- Povidone-Iodine 7.5% w/v
11 % OFF
Torrel Germiclean 5.5 Surgical Hand Wash
- Colourless solution
- Pleasant fragrance
1 % OFF
Torrel Germiclean Surgical Wash 4% w/v CHG
- Excellent surface adherence
- Best residual effect
26 % OFF
Use of Surgical Scrubs/ Hand Wash in Hospital, Nursing homes and clinics:
Surgical scrub/wash is an anti-bacterial soap or solution that is used by nurses and doctors prior to the commencement of any surgery or medical treatment. The process of sterilizing oneself before interacting with a patient has been documented in detail and prescribed by multiple health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO). The most popular practice requires doctors and nurses to sanitize themselves for a minimum of 10 minutes by lathering, soaking and brushing one hand and arm and consequently the other. The widespread impact of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI’s) has been fully acknowledged in the past decade with as many as 1.7 million people affected in the United States alone. Thus, the use of anti-microbial surgical scrub/ hand wash in all Nursing homes & Hospitals before wearing surgical gloves is essential to ensure patient safety.
Types of Surgical Scrubs/ Hand Wash:
Surgical scrubs are available in a variety of forms:
- - Liquid or foam soaps: These are the most common and are used with water and sponges to sterilize.
- - Impregnated scrub brushes/ sponges: These are specialized sponges that are preloaded with antibacterial agents and used under water.
- - Brush-free surgical scrub: These water-aided agents do not require a scrub brush to sterilize.
The most common re-agents found in surgical scrubs are CHG (chlorhexidine gluconate), PVP (Povidone Iodine) or PCMX (parachlorometaxylenol). They all do not exhibit the same levels of efficacy but have similar critical characteristics:
- - Antimicrobial Action:The ability to rid of/ kill a broad spectrum of pathogenic organisms and to do so as rapidly as possible.
- - Persistent Activity: How long the agent keeps the bacterial count low under surgical gloves.
- - Safety: Should be non-irritant, safe to use on the body and as well as not damaging to the environment.
- - Acceptance: This refers to the degree of acceptance by the healthcare workers.
Wide Range of Surgical Scrubs available online on Smart Medical Buyer:
We have a wide catalogue of surgical scrubs available at competitive prices listed from well-known manufacturers such as 3M Healthcare, Schuelke India and Torrel. Some of our most popular products are 3M Avagard CHG Surgical Scrub, Microshield CHG Surgical Scrub, Microshield PVP Surgical Handwash, Torrel Germiclean Surgical Wash, etc.
Other popular products in this category are Hand Sanitizers, Surface & Environment Disinfectants, Autoclave Tapes, among several others.
Reg. Address: 97 Engineers Enclave,
Pitampura, Delhi-34, India
Copyright @ 2017. Allumer Medical Pvt. Ltd.
(CIN No.: U33110DL2014PTC268297)All Rights Reserved.
For any queries, contact
Asik Das (email@example.com)
Your email has been sent.In case you do not see it in your Inbox, please check your Spam folder.
We will then send you an email to create a new password.