Medical Equipment That Cannot Be Missed In Primary Healthcare
Healthcare providers face a number of challenges in today’s time, including the procurement of good quality medical supplies and understanding what all is required for a well-established primary healthcare system. Setting up a clinic or a medical establishment, no matter on what scale, demands rigorous planning in terms of finances and logistics.
Healthcare services need to ensure that they make informed choices in terms of what to buy to meet the health needs efficiently without wasting resources. In order to be prepared for anything that comes through, hospitals and healthcare centres need to maintain the key pieces of medical equipment.
Your one stop destination to procure all medical equipment and supplies is Smart Medical Buyer, India’s leading online distributor for medical provisions. They also have an End of a Decade sale from 26th December 2019 to 5th January 2020. On purchasing Heine instruments worth more than Rs. 12,500, you can avail an additional 5% discount.
Some of the core instruments every primary healthcare should have are:
- Gloves: They are an indispensable part of any medical examination or procedure. It is used to prevent cross contamination between patients and caregivers. They should be worn when exposed to hazardous drugs or when handling contaminated items. They are one of the most essential tool at a hospital or healthcare centre.
- Wound Care Products: Wound care products such as Silicon skin tapes, bordered dressings and absorbent foam dressings make for the basic care kit. They are suitable for treating burns, ulcers, and chronic wounds. Some variants also do not stick to the wet wound base which allows easy application and removal.
- Diagnostic Equipment: Some of the essential diagnostic tools include:
- Temporal forehead thermometer: They are the most accurate and non-invasive method of measuring the body temperature. It is easy to use and keeps the patients comfortable in using it.
- Ophthalmoscope: It is used for a routine physical or complete eye examination. Experts use Heine ophthalmoscopes to detect symptoms of eye diseases and analyse the condition for proper treatment.
- ECG Machine: ECG machine and accessories provide a painless test to detect heart attacks or unusual heart activity in terms of rhythms and beats.
- Blood Pressure Monitors: One of the first test of a patient includes checking the blood pressure and heart rate. These machines are made to fit most of the patients and can store up to 60 entries that can be easily retrieved from the memory bank.
Keep these instruments handy and in large numbers to attend to incoming patients without much delay. They are some of the basic equipment for any healthcare centre to function without any glitches.
Latest posts by Kunal Sood (see all)
- Get To Know The Different Types Of Catheters For Urinary incontinence - 27th January 2020
- Know The Signs of Hearing Loss in Children - 21st January 2020
- Understanding The Various Techniques Used For Suturing - 9th January 2020